IHE-North America Connectathon Conference 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
The IHE North America Connectathon Conference is an ideal opportunity for users and developers of health IT systems to learn about and discuss achieving interoperability and making more effective use of electronic health records. The conference is sponsored by IHE USA and will be held Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Chicago.
It will highlight organizations and leaders driving the adoption of standards-based health IT solutions. Featured topics and speakers include:
- Delivering High-value Health Care through Regional Health Information Exchange – Eric Heflin, Chief Technology Officer, Texas Health Services Authority
- Leveraging IHE XDS to Achieve Health Information Exchange – Real World Implementations – Holly Miller MD, MBA, FHIMSS, CMO, Med Allies/Jim Younkin, IT Program Director, Geisinger Health System, KeyHIE
- Current Advancements in Medical Device Integration – Elliot B. Sloane, PhD, CCE, FHIMSS, President, Center for Healthcare Information Research and Policy at Drexel University
- Exploring Open Source Tools to Achieve Interoperability – Panel Discussion
- James St. Clair, CISM, PMP, SSGB, Senior Director, Interoperability and Standards, HIMSS
- Ken Rubin, Object Management Group
- The Next Revolution in Standards-Based Image Sharing – David Mendelson MD, FACR, Chief of Clinical Informatics, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Connecting EHRs to HIE’s: A Collaboration of States and Vendors driving toward Common Specifications – Anuj Desai, Project Manager, EHR/HIE Interoperability Work Group
The IHE North American Connectathon Conference attracts over 100 attendees each year from a wide range of healthcare settings. Many attendees hold senior management positions at their organization and come to hear about current hot topics in the industry, as well as what the future might hold for interoperability and electronic health records. The conference is an important addition to the annual IHE North American Connectathon, health IT’s largest interoperability testing event. This year’s record-breaking Connectathon registration includes 120 organizations, who will test more than 150 systems. Attendees will enjoy a full day-long program, including a networking lunch, a guided tour of the Connectathon, and an evening reception. The conference registration fee is $195. Register today and join us January 11th!